OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reading Tools

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reading Tools

Postby nef » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:00 am

Hi
In one of my test settings I have troubles with the Reading Tools. I have enabled Reading Tools for designated sections of journal but disabled Related Item Tools.
In another journal setting I have enabled Reading Tools for designated sections of journal as well as the Related Item Tools.
The links in the last setting work well, but in the first (the disabled) the links to 'About the author', 'How to cite item', 'Indexing metadata', 'Print version', 'Notify colleague' and 'Email the author' do not. I receive the message 'Page not found'.
Have you any suggestions?

Regards
nef

Re: Reading Tools

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:32 am

Hi nef,

You need to apply the patch for bug #2366 -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1539.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tgc99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:34 am

Hi Alec,
It's the sysadm for nef's OJS again...
asmecher wrote:You need to apply the patch for bug #2366 -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1539.

That patch will not apply cleanly to OJS-2.1.1.
Code: Select all
$ patch -p1 --dry-run < ../patches/ojs-2.2-readingtools-bz2366.patch
patching file pages/rt/RTHandler.inc.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 10.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 232 (offset -10 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 307 (offset -10 lines).
1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file pages/rt/RTHandler.inc.php.rej
$

The reject is caused by bz2366 referencing a diff between r1.36 and r1.37 while OJS 2.1.1 is only at r1.35.
Diffing between r1.35 and r1.37 reveals one extra change in RTHandler.inc.php, so I'm not sure I should just use that instead.

What would you recommend?

-tgc
tgc99

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:47 am

Hi tgc,

It's probably easiest to download and use revision 1.37 from http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/ojs2/pages/rt/RTHandler.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tgc99 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:42 pm

Thank you.
I've applied the diff between r1.35 and r1.37 instead so I can keep track of the modifications I've made.

-tgc
tgc99

Return to OJS Technical Support