OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

html page only appear in Firefox

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

html page only appear in Firefox

Postby CFreire » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi, Alec:

First, sorry about my english...
I'm Revista Teias'online editor (http://www.revistateias.proped.pro.br).

My problem: One of 13 articles published on format "html" only appear in Firefox (lasted version, PC and MacOsX).
If I used IE 6.0, Safari or Opera (both lasted versions), the page in question does'nt appear (without navigation or code error).
I just tried re-formatted the htm page, deleted the record by control panel (and again by table), change this page for another htm with only one word, supress a little css in header page... Nothing!.

The link:
http://www.revistateias.proped.pro.br/i ... ew/229/229
In same volume, the page "Editorial" appears ok in all brownsers: http://www.revistateias.proped.pro.br/i ... ew/216/216

My "create method" in both pages was "copy & paste"...

Best regards,

Carlos
CFreire

Re: html page only appear in Firefox

Postby CFreire » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 am

Hi, everybody:

I just finished this problem: save as another same site htm page and copy & paste all text using the text from "failed" page.
Not a solution, but better... And remains the question: why?

Best regards,

Carlos
CFreire

Re: html page only appear in Firefox

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:41 am

Hi Carlos,

I'm not sure why this would happen; it sounds to me like your web site authoring tool is generating HTML that is not compatible with all browsers. You'll need to compare the broken HTML with the working HTML to see what in particular is causing the problem. OJS basically passes HTML code through unmodified, except for rewriting image tags to use the proper URLs, so I don't think OJS itself is causing the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support