OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with server permissions

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problem with server permissions

Postby epacheco » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:57 am

I’m new in OJS and I start to have difficulties when the system was changed from one to another server, in testing time. Now, when I try to upload a text file, the system refuse and give me lots of warnings, like this:
Warning: mkdir(D:/CubePanel/Webs/inetpub/domains/est.ualg.pt/home/html/est/tecnovisao): Permission denied in D:\CubePanel\Webs\inetpub\domains\est.ualg.pt\home\html\tecnovisao\classes\file\FileManager.inc.php on line 234

Warning: move_uploaded_file(D:/CubePanel/Webs/inetpub/domains/est.ualg.pt/home/html/est/tecnovisao/files/journals/1/articles/11/submission/original/11-17-1-SM.doc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\CubePanel\Webs\inetpub\domains\est.ualg.pt\home\html\tecnovisao\classes\file\FileManager.inc.php on line 95

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move 'D:\CubePanel\CubePanel\tmp\uploads\php46.tmp' to 'D:/CubePanel/Webs/inetpub/domains/est.ualg.pt/home/html/est/tecnovisao/files/journals/1/articles/11/submission/original/11-17-1-SM.doc' in D:\CubePanel\Webs\inetpub\domains\est.ualg.pt\home\html\tecnovisao\classes\file\FileManager.inc.php on line 95

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\CubePanel\Webs\inetpub\domains\est.ualg.pt\home\html\tecnovisao\classes\file\FileManager.inc.php:234) in D:\CubePanel\Webs\inetpub\domains\est.ualg.pt\home\html\tecnovisao\classes\template\TemplateManager.inc.php on line 187

Colleagues from computing told me they give all the permissions they could and are working on it, but perhaps you identify, by advance, our problem.

Thank you very much
Emilia
epacheco

Re: Problem with server permissions

Postby asmecher » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:15 am

Hi Emilia,

This is definitely a file permissions problem, but unfortunately I'm not particularly familiar with Windows server administration so can't suggest a specific solution. One of your systems administrators should be able to help, given those error messages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support