OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submitting special files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Submitting special files

Postby mustafasacar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:50 pm

I m using OJS2.1.1. In this version, is there any way for submmitting some pdf files to desired sections diectly by editors, without page number, statistical record, .... I wonder, because, in our journal we designed cover, editoral board, reviwer board (for that issue), copyright transfer form, instructions for authors page, introduction pages by using pdf creator. And we want publish these pdf files and show in TOC and sent directly by editor (without article submitting track). So I suggest, an special section(s) in sections area, which is/are showed in TOC, but the files in these sections independently site statistics (for approve/reject, submitted articals numbers, ratio). I hope this suggestion will be consider by editors.

Mustafa SACAR. MD
mustafasacar

Skipping Editorial Process

Postby ramon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:18 pm

Mustafa,

General Managers registered as Authors can submit articles and after concluding the submission process they can skip the review process, sending the document (in any format desired!) directly to the layout stage.

OJS does not really block any type of document submitted excetp .php natively. You can set controls for other specific files, if you wish, I believe in the server configuration, or changing the allowed types somewhere in OJS.

After this, you cand schedule the document to any issue, as you would do normally.

Check this forum for the Expedite Function, in case you have any problems with this feature.

I hope this is what you desire.
ramon

Return to OJS Technical Support