OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Why do I not get the full list of plugins?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Why do I not get the full list of plugins?

Postby idiopathic » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:56 am

Hi there,
I only get a limited list of plugins (see attached screenshot). For example, I am missing the TinyMCE plugin.

Where can I get the other plugins from? Thank you,
mohammad
Attachments
ojs.gif
ojs.gif (90.21 KiB) Viewed 358 times
idiopathic

Re: Why do I not get the full list of plugins?

Postby asmecher » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:17 am

Hi Mohammad,

Are you sure the TinyMCE plugin is installed (i.e. plugins/generic/tinymce exists)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby idiopathic » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am

No I never installed it - my problem is that I do not know where to get the installation files from. This page:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs_plugins

just lists the plugins but I cannot find my way to any links that allow me to download those plugins. Could you tell me where I should be looking?

Many thanks,
mohammad
idiopathic

Postby asmecher » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:40 am

Hi Mohammad,

The TinyMCE plugin is included in the OJS 2.1.1 distribution and may not work with previous releases; I'd suggest upgrading to the current release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby idiopathic » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:00 pm

Thanks for your help - I'm still struggling, if you don't mind me asking more questions. I currently version 2.1.0.1. Running:

Code: Select all
$ php tools/upgrade.php patch

Gives me message:

Content-type: text/html

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined function xml_parser_create() in <b>/home/idiopathic/www/handheldsfordoctors.com/research/classes/xml/XMLParser.inc.php</b> on line <b>138</b><br />

So I downloaded the code for patching instead. Running:

$ patch -p1 < PATCH_FILE

Seemed to be running fine until it showed:

Patching file cache/fc-help-topic-en_US-editorial.topic.000025.php using Plan A...
patch: **** malformed patch at line 2864: which the Section Editor will decide whether the author will see, using the "Author can view" option. The Journal Manager has the option in Setup 2.2 of activating an automatic email reminder to be sent to Reviewers who do not complete the review within a certain number of days of the deadline. The Section Editor can also send a reminder by using the email icon under Request for that Reviewer, and modifying the content to reflect the need for the review.</p><p><i>The Reviewer completes the review via email</i>. If the Journal Manager has selected "Email-Attachment Review Process" in Setup 2.2, then the Reviewer will receive the submission as an email attachment with the request to review, along with the Review Guidelines. The Reviewer is asked to email the Section Editor indicating a willingness, or not, to review. If willing, the Reviewer follows with an email containing the review of the submission and a recommendation. The Section Editor will then enter on the submission\'s Review page the Reviewer\'s comments, using the Review box and record the Reviewer\'s recommendation, under the Reviewer\'s name.</p>',

What am I doing wrong?

By the way I followed the instructions after that for upgrading MySQL and it seemed to proceed fine (see attached image) but when I go to "System Information" for "Current Version" it still shows "2.1.0.1 (June 3, 2006 - 03:30 PM)"...
Attachments
ojs.gif
ojs.gif (42.78 KiB) Viewed 337 times
idiopathic

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 am

Hi idiopathic,

Upgrading is a two-step process, and you haven't completed step 1, which is updating the code. There are several methods available for this, all described in docs/UPGRADE -- I suspect the patch method is not working because you have a non-standard patch tool. The patches were written with the GNU patch tool in mind. Are you running Solaris or something similar?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby idiopathic » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:11 am

Hi Alec,
my server is running FreeBSD so it is nothing weird like Solaris. What is the standard patch tool that I should be using? If you give the exact technical words I can pass these onto my host and get them to install it correctly.

Thanks,
mohammad
idiopathic

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:56 am

Hi Mohammad,

The GNU patch tool is what we use; I would expect the FreeBSD patch tool to be compatible if it's not GNU, but from your description, it's not. There are other ways to upgrade the software, however -- particularly if you haven't modified your installation. In that case, you can simply save your config.inc.php file, extract the new release over top of the old one, and update the new configuration file to suit. (Don't simply use your old config file, as new configuration directives may have been added.) Then use the tools/upgrade.php tool with the "upgrade" option to update the database.

Of course, you should make sure to back up your database and files beforehand.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support