OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviews mistakenly rejected

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reviews mistakenly rejected

Postby nomeknight » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:54 pm

Hi,

I had to send different emails to participants whose papers were (a) rejected or (b) accepted as Poster presentations (rather than those accepted as Papers). I composed an email for the Poster presentation acceptances in the same box as the Reject one (erasing the original 'Rejected' email) and thus effectively rejected all of the accepted poster presentations. While they received emails that their posters have been accepted, they will find their abstracts inaccessible on the website as they're labelled 'rejected' on the coordinating site. Is there any way of turning all of these into Accepted papers now?

Thanks very much,

Naomi
nomeknight

Re: Reviews mistakenly rejected

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:16 am

Hi Naomi,

Did you record an Accepted decision before sending out these emails? As Editor, check on the submission Summary pages to see whether or not they are archived; if they are, bring them back using the link there. Then go to the Review page and make sure the last recorded decision for an Accepted paper is "Accept".

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nomeknight » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi Alec,

Unfortunately, they're not listed in the summary page as only 'accepted' papers are including. In the "Review submissions" section, they are listed under 'rejected papers' and when I enter each paper, it tells me that the Conference director's decision is that it has been rejected. As a director, should I not be able to get into the system somehow to reverse this decision? If not, is there any other way of having these abstracts reachable by the authors and others on the website?

Thanks again,

Naomi
nomeknight

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:52 am

Hi Naomi,

Which version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby nomeknight » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:48 pm

Hello,

I'm not actually sure, but here is the link to the site: http://conferences.arts.usyd.edu.au/adm ... .php?cf=14. Perhaps this will help to look at it?

Thanks again,

Naomi
nomeknight

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi Naomi,

You're actually using OCS, not OJS, and you appear to be using version 1.1.5. Would you mind re-posting your question in the OCS support forum so that other users can find it if they encounter the same problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support