Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca
This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
We just tried this Plugin for import and it took ~5 min for importing only two articles. And browser was waiting all this time for the server's response.
My previous attempt was timed out.
PHP log is showing that all this time it was ARTICLESEARCHINDEX.INC.PHP/indexObjectKeywords running.
So few Qs now:
1. Is any way to run import as standalone PHP application - same way as for tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php?
2. If not for 1. in case browser is timed out how we can see that import finished successfully? Will the import, once started, complete even if I close the browser?
3. If we have two galleys for the article - HTML and PDF - with exactly the same inner content, how we can avoid indexing of the second galley?
4. Is any way to import images within HTML galleys into OJS as well? We are using external links to galleys (not encoded one within XML file) and tried both:
1) site root-relative path to images - got empty space instead of image
2) absolute path to images - got unchanged absolute path, so no image was copied to OJS
5. If we want to import single article how we should specify what issue and section it belongs to?
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:16 am
The import can be run using tools/importExport.php.
There's no built-in way to prevent a certain galley from being indexed, but if you're using both HTML and PDF galleys for everything, you can simply disable the PDF indexing tools in config.inc.php.
If you've got PHP's file detection set up properly (the mime_content_type function), when you edit an HTML galley you should be able to upload images. If you don't see this, search the forum for mime_content_type for information on how to set up this PHP function.
If you're just importing a single article, you should be prompted for a section and issue to publish it in.
Public Knowledge Project Team
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm
Return to OJS Technical Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests