OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

White page after adding item to navigation bar

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

White page after adding item to navigation bar

Postby ANobbe » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:46 am

Hi,

i tried to add an navigation item to the navigation bar via the journal setup step 5. But after
trying to add it as internal link (index.php?journal=ibis&page=search&op=authors wrong, i guess ?) the system only shows
a white page. Is there any possibility to fix this problem ?

The problem seems to be the not existing handler for the internal link ? But how could i remove the faulty link ? And
how do i create a correct link to the author information page ?

Thanks in advance,
Alexander
ANobbe

Re: White page after adding item to navigation bar

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi Alexander,

A white page typically indicates a PHP error. Check your error log, or set php.ini's display_errors directive to E_ALL. Then restart your web server and try again. If you don't have access to your php.ini (i.e. you're on a shared host), modify index.php to include:
Code: Select all
ini_set('display_errors', E_ALL);
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support