Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca
This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
I was going to log this note in my own forum for future reference but I thought it would do more good here.
maybe someone else can use this.
HOW TO DELETE FILES USING WEBSHELL ACCESS USING IX WEBHOSTING.
I contacted my web hosting service and was given these instructions which worked like a charm.
(ixwebhosting) -'I assume others may be similar'
1. Please go to your control panel--> FTP service --> and enable virtual FTP service.
2. Click ADD near Virtual ftp-directories. You should type here the path to folder you wish to chown and type "/" in the end (like yourdomain.com/templates/test/). Click Submit.
3. Go to your WebShell and delete the directories.
It should be chowned to your own ownerships with success.
4. And also, after you chowned it, you should disable your ftp in the ftp services (cause your own ftp client can work with errors).
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:06 pm
Return to OJS Technical Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests