OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Publishing article for the issues

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Publishing article for the issues

Postby ang2el » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:50 am

Please correct me if I am wrong.

What I have got it PKP publishes only those article which are submitted online through PKP system which goes to

unasighn - editing - review - archieving

then after creating issues we can add article from archeving to publish that issue.

but my question is we do get article in our email too.

We recieve them, we do offline editorial and peer review process and we edit article in our layout (in Pagemaker) then we sent that article to press.

Then we have to make it online in our system since PKP has not got that feature that we would upload article or I am missing this feature.

Can we add article after creating issues through PKP?

It is a wonderful software I have ever seen please help me.

Thanks in advance.
ang2el

Postby ang2el » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:57 am

Suppose I want to add past issues 5-10 back article

then I have to make a user submit it and click through all the way till it comes to archieve then I publish it.

the biggest problem is my current version is 2007 if I create issue for 2000.

then 200 version seen before than 2007 in the journal arcieve link.

Thats why I wanted to have a feature from where we could upload files directly from the desktop and make it online and it would be sorted out according to the year.

or am I missing something here... how to do that help me please
ang2el

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:14 am

Hi ang2el,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=779 for information on this. If you end up using the "Expedite Submission" feature and you're using version 2.1.1 of OJS, you'll need to patch your installation with the fix available at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2346.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Publishing article for the issues

Postby ang2el » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:39 pm

Thank you very much for the link.

But how to use patch, I just got the codes but don't know how to apply it.

I would be even grateful to you if you could explain me in detail, as I am novie in coding stuffs.

Thanks
ang2el

Postby asmecher » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:43 am

Hi ang2el,

There's a description at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5538#p5538; the patch in question requires you to replace two lines of code with updated lines. Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby ang2el » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks for the link, again.

I didn't get it clearly.

They were talking about patch tool, where is it? And they were talking about code change manually...

If I don't have patch tool which file need to be changed and what are the codes that need to be added and removed and how?

I learned that I need to change codes in this files right?

classes/db/DAO.inc.php
    includes/functions.inc.php

Here is the path
Code: Select all
--- ojs2/classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php   2006/06/12 23:25:54   1.37
+++ ojs2/classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php   2006/07/24 16:01:06   1.38
@@ -10,7 +10,7 @@
  * EditorAction class.
- * $Id: EditorAction.inc.php,v 1.37 2006/06/12 23:25:54 alec Exp $
+ * $Id: EditorAction.inc.php,v 1.38 2006/07/24 16:01:06 alec Exp $
  */

import('submission.sectionEditor.SectionEditorAction');
@@ -126,8 +126,8 @@ class EditorAction extends SectionEditor
       $sectionEditorSubmission =& $sectionEditorSubmissionDao->getSectionEditorSubmission($article->getArticleId());
       if (!$sectionEditorSubmission->getCopyeditFile()) {
          SectionEditorAction::recordDecision($sectionEditorSubmission, SUBMISSION_EDITOR_DECISION_ACCEPT);
-         $editorFile = $sectionEditorSubmission->getEditorFile();
-         SectionEditorAction::setCopyeditFile($sectionEditorSubmission, $editorFile->getFileId(), $editorFile->getRevision());
+         $reviewFile = $sectionEditorSubmission->getReviewFile();
+         SectionEditorAction::setCopyeditFile($sectionEditorSubmission, $reviewFile->getFileId(), $reviewFile->getRevision());
       }

// 3. Add a galley.

Could anyone give me like open this file, look for this code and change replace or add this code something like that.

Thanks in advance.
ang2el

Postby asmecher » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:21 am

Hi ang2el,

You need to modify your classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php file. Looking at http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/ojs2/classes/submission/editor/EditorAction.inc.php.diff?r1=1.37;r2=1.38p, you'll see the following group of lines:
Code: Select all
-         $editorFile = $sectionEditorSubmission->getEditorFile();
-         SectionEditorAction::setCopyeditFile($sectionEditorSubmission, $editorFile->getFileId(), $editorFile->getRevision());
+         $reviewFile = $sectionEditorSubmission->getReviewFile();
+         SectionEditorAction::setCopyeditFile($sectionEditorSubmission, $reviewFile->getFileId(), $reviewFile->getRevision());
Lines starting with "-" mean that the line should be removed, and lines starting with "+" mean that the line should be added (without the "+" or "-", of course), i.e. the top two lines should be replaced with the bottom two. These changes begin at around line 128 of the file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support