OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

smarty error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

smarty error

Postby gunkel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:49 am

Our site has been up and running for almost a year without any trouble. This morning I go to make a few minor alterations to the content of the homepage by editing the information through the Journal Manager login. After making the changes, I hit "save and continue." Then I get the following error message. In fact, I get this message for every URL I enter into my brower's address block:

Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/home/zizekstu/public_html/cache/t_compile' does not exist, or is not a directory. in /home/zizekstu/public_html/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Clearly something is screwed up. But since I did not change anything other than the content on the homepage, I cannot seem to figure out what went wrong. Any thoughts?

David.
gunkel

Fixed

Postby gunkel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:02 am

Ignore the previous post. The problem has been fixed. There was something wrong with the permissions on the directory "cache." Although the directory was listed as having the correct permissions, for some reason I needed to reset the permissions. I've never encountered this problem before, so I assume it is a product of this particular web host's (ipowerweb.com) installation.

Thanks,
David.
gunkel

Return to OJS Technical Support