OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Customising Issue Title

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Customising Issue Title

Postby mattdp » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:28 am

Hi,

I've inherited a version of this to work on, and I'm having trouble changing the page titles. I've changed the variable in the locale.xml file from "Open Journal Systems" to the journal title, but this only seem to affect the page titles of the articles themselves - the front page of the journal just says "Vol 1 (2006)".

I've been flicking through the documentation and it appears that someone in the past has set this as the issue title and this is overriding the global setting. But I can't figure out where it's getting the "Vol 1" from. I presume this is the value of $issueTitle in the template but I can't see where this is set - whether it's the database, or in a text file somewhere. Can you point me at it please?

Cheers,
Matt
mattdp

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 am

Hi Matt,

Log in as Editor, click on "Back Issues", choose an issue, and click the Issue Data link. You should be able to configure issue identification there. It sounds like you want issues to be identified by title only; select the Title radio box and enter a title in the field.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby mattdp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:22 am

Hi,

Thanks for this - sadly the setting appears to change both the text in the page title tag (which is what we want to change) and the text on the front page above the issue contents (which we want to remain as volume, year).

We're still using v1 - is there any way we can separate these short of me going in and hard-editing the page title tag?

Cheers,
Matt
mattdp

Return to OJS Technical Support