OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import Errors

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Import Errors

Postby ariadatexts » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:05 am

So I've made my XML file detailing the previous issues of our journal. They are just a random selection of formats, but all available on the Web as PDFs and/or HTML.

First I tried including the content files with the <supplementary_file> element but I got the following error:
Code: Select all
A specified URL "http://www.ariada.uea.ac.uk/ariadatexts/ariada1/content/phil_duet.html" could not be copied to a local file.

for each file.

So I tried replacing them all with <galley> or <htmlgalley> elements (depending on content) but I get the same error messages.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Could it be a permissions error? I notice that my XML document has appeared in my uploads/temp directory. And that the "site" and "journals" upload directories are both empty.

And am I trying to do the right thing? The <file mime_type="..." src="..." /> elements point to the HTML/PDF fulltext of the original editions and are delivered over HTTP.

Cheers.
ariadatexts

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi ariadatexts,

The approach you're taking is correct; I suspect a permissions problem in your files directory. Check your server log (for Apache, typically error_log) to see if there are any details there. If you're using the command-line import/export tool, you'll often have to make special concessions to ensure that the files directory and its contents are writable both by your user and by the webserver user (typically "www-data", "apache", or "nobody", depending on your OS and configuration).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support