OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import ols issues

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Import ols issues

Postby ntorres » Thu May 10, 2007 1:53 am

Hello

I'm using the import/export native plugin to add on my ojs old issues, and I have some troubles.. I need import old 27 issues and 6 articles for each. So I write a xml file (about 500KB) whith all this information

When I sign-in as journal manager and use the Articles & Issues XML Plugin to import data I can't import all the information. After a while the import stops ...If I write the data in some files (more than one) and I repeat it for each it works ok.

There's a max number of articles/issues to import?? There's a size limit for this file??

I take a look at PHP config file and the values for upload_max_size and post_max_size are 15MB.

Thanks
ntorres

Postby rcloss » Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 am

ntorres,

Is it ending up with a blank page or some kind of error? Or is it just freezing at some point?
rcloss

Postby ntorres » Fri May 11, 2007 1:49 am

There's no blank page, and any error messsage is showed.
Just freezing at some point and stop importing articles
ntorres

Postby asmecher » Fri May 11, 2007 8:59 am

Hi ntorres,

Here are a few things to check:
  • There is an execution time limit ("max_execution_time") configured in your system's php.ini file. Check to make sure that it is set to a high level, e.g. 300 (5 minutes).
  • Error messages might be logged to a system log file rather than displayed to your browser; check the Apache error log and your syslog. The particular location that error messages are sent will depend on your php.ini configuration.
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby ntorres » Mon May 14, 2007 3:04 am

Hi

I checked the logs before post it and there's no message, so I increse the max_execution_time from 180 to 300 and it works!!!

Thanks,
ntorres

Return to OJS Technical Support