OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

trying to get ONE article to show up in a new installation

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

trying to get ONE article to show up in a new installation

Postby paulc » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:57 am

Hi, any help will be much appreciated.
I'm using RHEL 4 with standard php and mysql. I have increased the php time and memory limits to accommodate large files
I installed OJS and worked through the switching roles and setting up a journal. I saw the support forum replies about a simple way to skip steps and just get an article online.

with just the Journal Manager, Editor and Author roles used:

As an Author, I uploaded a pdf of an article and clicked the link to skip to the editorial approval.... it gave a me a blank screen. I went back to admin menu and the article showed up in the editing process.
I clicked ok on the copyediting
and then clicked the radio button beside "galley" and hit the "Upload" button.

( where would you find a file that looks like what a galley file is?)

It made a galley( whatever that is), but the "view proof" button only shows the same editing process page.

If I go ahead and select it for publishing, it shows up in the journal but
the pdf link does not work. It looks in a "/download" directory instead of a "/view" directory like the working link.

I've gone through this process, erased the whole installation and gone through it again now four times and ONCE the pdf link beside the article DID work buit I have no clue as to why.

I tried importing a xml article from the demo site and that worked with a pdf link that works.

I would use xml but where do you put the files to be included in the xml?
The demo xml had it mime-encoded inside the xml.

In the files directory or in the public directory or where?

Please help.
paulc

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:18 am

Hi Paulc,

There's a known issue with the "Expedite" feature (i.e. to skip all editing steps) in OJS 2.1.1; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1130 for a patch that will fix it.

As for the XML import feature, see the "Import/Export" tool as Journal Manager. The DTD in plugins/importexport/native/native.dtd supports both base64-encoded embedded files and files linked in using "href"; have a look at the DTD and if you have any questions you can ask them here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby paulc » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:09 pm

Thank you!

I am trying to install from CVS now and I don't think it is working.

Instead of giving me the install web page it tells me that a db table is missing... of course it is, I am doing a new install and there is no database.

Is there a magical way to install from cvs AND create a db schema?

I guess I'll try putting the old version on and then try to get the patch applied.

Paul
paulc

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi Paul,

I'd suggest patching the current release (2.1.1) rather than using CVS for the time being; patched 2.1.1 is very stable and CVS is under development.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

samew problem with supplementary files

Postby paulc » Mon May 07, 2007 1:32 pm

I can get articles into an issue now, but they also want to have an audio file with them. I tried adding a supplementary file ( a mp3) and it had the same problem the article did before the patch.

When it is in the editing stage the article and the "VIEW PROOF" link is there and the supplementary file is below it but no "VIEW PROOF" link.

I tried uploading a galley ( meaning I clicked the radio button beside "galley" and I clicked on the "upload" button. The supplementary file would show up beneath the article now but there was no file name. If you hit the edit link on the right it brings up the form to put a file extension in but there is nothing in the file name or file size, just like before the patch with the article.
at that point I can publish and check how it looks and I get the
" article title PDF MP3" layout okay, but the MP3 link does not work, it seems to be pointing to an empty directory.
paulc

Return to OJS Technical Support