OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

email template copoyeditor to author

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

email template copoyeditor to author

Postby jmir » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:43 am

I can't find the email template which goes from the copyeditor to author after initial copyedit.
I am confused about the workflow because there seems to be a email template "COPYEDIT_COMPLETE (from Copyeditor to Section Editor) "Copyediting Completed".
Is the workflow that the copyeditor informs the section editor, who then informs the author to respond to the copyediting queries? (personally, I think this step is unnecessary) If so, which one is the email template (section editor to author after step 1 copyediting) for this?
On the other hand, the "OJS in an hour" documentation implies that the email from the copyeditor goes to the author ("Select the “Completeâ€
jmir

Postby asmecher » Fri May 18, 2007 11:40 am

Hi Gunther,

When the Copyeditor flags the copyediting assignment as Complete, OJS brings up the COPYEDIT_COMPLETE email template for the copyeditor to compose. This message is addressed to the Author and CC'd to the assigned Editors.

Is this not how your installation is behaving?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby jmir » Tue May 22, 2007 12:08 pm

I guess I was only confused about the apparent discrepancy between what the documentation said (copyeditor informs author) and the fact that the email template implies that the email goes from copyeditor to section editor. The answer is - as you said - that it goes to both. Perhaps the documentation and the email template management pages should make this clearer, in subsequent versions..
jmir

Postby asmecher » Tue May 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the clarification; I'll forward this thread along to the fellow who maintains the "OJS in an Hour" document.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support