OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Send to reviewers: no emails sent and screen blanks out

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Send to reviewers: no emails sent and screen blanks out

Postby lengyel » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:39 pm

A journal manager of one of the journals hosted on our OJS system writes:

"... I have tried sending several reminder emails to reviewers, from the ‘review’ tab for individual submissions (on that page the reviewers are listed, and there is a link saying ‘send reminder’). When I click ‘send’ all I get is a white screen, rather than returning to the review page, and no email gets sent."

We're using OJS version 2.1.0 Is this a known problem for which there is a patch?

Thanks,

FL
lengyel

Postby asmecher » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi FL,

Check your system logs for error messages or turn on the display_errors option in your php.ini configuration file. A blank page usually indicates that a PHP error occurred.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support