OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Proof Reading Phase

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Proof Reading Phase

Postby mcampos » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 pm

I did post a question about the 3 steps of copy editing phase.
I informed that I don't have to execute the 3 steps, I can to go for next phase.

The proof reading phase also have 3 steps, but, I don't see how to jump some step. In this phase, the section editor send a email to autor requesting the proof reading. After the autor complete your task, the section editor must send email to proof reader and finally, for the layout editor.

But, in need to disable the author interaction in proof reading phase.
The first step of this phase must be started by proof reader.

How can I do this?
mcampos

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Manoel,

You're not required to finish all editing tasks e.g. Proofreading, but if you want to use it, you need to go through its stages sequentially. Removing the Author proofreading stage will require some modifications. Do you have someone on hand with PHP experience? If so, I can provide some guidelines for removing this stage. Keep in mind that upgrading a modified version of OJS is a little trickier than upgrading a stock version.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby mcampos » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:15 pm

I programming in PHP but I don't know nothing about MVC and I don't find nothing in OJS code. The methodology is very complicated for me, isn't familiar for me.
I need to pass for the Proof Reading Phase, but not for Author step in this phase.

Somebody can help me where I have to alter code, what files I need to alter.

I understand that alter code will dificult software update , but I need to do this.

Thank you.
mcampos

Re: Proof Reading Phase

Postby theodore » Thu May 24, 2012 9:01 am

++
same for me please!
theodore

Re: Proof Reading Phase

Postby hekutoru2kx » Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 am

Why don't you just config the journal to do these steps by the editor? Remember that actually the editor can do all the editorial process all by himself.
hekutoru2kx

Return to OJS Technical Support