OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Profile/Cache problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Profile/Cache problem

Postby aosistech » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:24 am

Hi,

I have had 3 complaints about a specific problem now, and I was hoping that someone here have had some experience with this.

In ojs, person A logs in with username/password. This happen succesfully, and the sidebar section says "You are logged in as PersonA".

Then this person goes to USER HOME.
Under one of the journals, he/she would then click one of the roles. In a recent case, she clicked "Reviewer". This is where it starts.

Suddenly the sidebar says "You are logged in as SomeOtherPerson" and the wrong content is displayed, until a hard refresh is done.

I have heard three complaints that this happens, that people change from one logged in user to another by just clicking on Editor or Reviewer or whatever the case may be.

Can someone please shed some light here?

Regards
Marlon
aosistech

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 am

Hi Marlon,

I've never heard of this sort of thing happening before -- I expect it's an upstream proxy that is incorrectly caching data. Do you have a non-standard cache or proxy configuration on your server, or do you know of one upstream? If possible, could you try disabling it?

Also, have you modified OJS in a way that might change its caching behavior with remote web browsers?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support