OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Is it possible to display the name with different languages?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Is it possible to display the name with different languages?

Postby yaliang » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Dear Friends,

We used the OJS system (version 2.1.1) to host our first English Journal since last June. In last month we added another Chinese journal. With the well-organized structure and functions, these two journals run very well. Currently, there are many users registered both of these two journals. However, because their accounts were created when they registered with the first English Journal hosted, their names were displayed in English in the new Chinese Journal. Although it will not cause any problem for submitting manuscripts, the section editors might get troubles in selecting the reviewers for evaluating the paper. I wonder that is it possible to display the user name with different languages for different journals? Please give me any suggestion to try and test. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Yaliang
yaliang

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:54 am

Hi Yaliang,

User profiles are currently only possible in a single language. We're working on extending OJS's multilingual capabilities (i.e. additional article and journal metadata in different languages), and I'll make a note to consider extending user profiles similarly. Unfortunately you'll have to find a work-around for the moment.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby yaliang » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:31 am

Dear Alec,

Thank you very much. If you have any idea to extend the function, please let me know.

Yaliang
yaliang

Return to OJS Technical Support