OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

LogIn Problems

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

LogIn Problems

Postby petergriffin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:36 am

Hi to All,

I got a successful installation message but i have a problem when trying to LogIn, it seems to be processing but just sends me back to the login page and does nothing.

I tried a wrong username / password just to check. I got an error message "Invalid username / password. Try again."

It also seems that all menu links like "Home / About / Register / Search" are working except when i input login details it does not accept it just get me back to the Login Page again.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks much,
Peter :(
petergriffin

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:13 am

Hi Peter,

A few things to check:
  • If your connection to the server is proxied via a server farm (i.e. AOL sometimes works in this configuration), you might need to disable the session_check_ip option in config.inc.php
  • Make sure cookies are enabled on your system
  • If you moved OJS from one directory into another on your server, an old cookie might be superseding the new one that OJS tries to create when you log in. Try deleting cookies from the site's domain in your web browser's cookies interface.
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby petergriffin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks for this Alec, i tried them out but still same scenario happens. Can you suggest other solutions?

Your help is well appreciated,

Peter :D
petergriffin

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:59 am

Hi Peter,

I suspect it's a cookie problem, but I'd have to do some investigation to narrow it down. If you're comfortable doing so, could you contact me personally with some login information that I could try?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby petergriffin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi Alec,

PM sent. please confirm.

Thanks,
Peter
petergriffin

Re: LogIn Problems

Postby trudie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:11 am

Hi Alec,

Can you please assist with the above, what was the final verdict? Was it the cookies?

Thank you!

Regards,
Trudie
trudie

Re: LogIn Problems

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 am

Hi Trudie,

As I recall, this was corrected by disabling the session_check_ip option in config.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support