OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to migrate to a new server?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to migrate to a new server?

Postby bess » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:41 pm

We have an OJS installation (RedHat Linux, apache httpd 2.0.52, mysql 4.1.20, and php 4.3.9) and we need to move it to a new server. I tried what I thought would be the obvious method: I zipped up the OJS filesystem (/var/www/html/ojs in our case), dumped the contents of the mysql database, moved them both to the new server and got them talking to each other and to apache. This mostly worked, but all the published HTML article pages are missing.

Is there a guide for server migration somewhere? Or can anyone let me know what step I'm missing?

Thanks!
bess

Postby asmecher » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi Bess,

Sounds like you missed the files directory. Check your config.inc.php for its location (under the files_dir directive); move it across to the new server and make sure its location is properly configured. File permissions might be a bit tricky, as the web server needs to be able to administer files in this directory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support