OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

I can't re-enroll a user.

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

I can't re-enroll a user.

Postby dgray » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:44 am

I saw a previous posting that addressed this question, but the suggestion in the response doesn't work for me.

I'm in the early stages of setting up a journal. While experimenting with the system I guess I disabled a User - the User no longer appears in the list of ALL Users. However, when I try to re-create the User (using the same name, userid, email address, etc.) I get the message "Userid in use by another user" and "email address in use by another user", etc.

The response to the earlier posting that I saw said:

There is no way to actually delete a user in OJS 2, as that would potentially involve destroying important records; however, when you "remove" a user from the journal, all roles in that journal are revoked. If you want to re-enroll the user in a journal, choose a role as Journal Manager and click "Enroll Existing User" at the bottom of the page.

I'm using OJS2.1.1 and my attempts to re-enroll the User by the are not working.

Can anybody help??
dgray

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi dgray,

When you follow the "Enroll Existing User" link, could you describe the steps you take?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby dgray » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi Alec,
From >Journal Management> I select >All Users
At the bottom of the All Users page I select "Enroll existing user"
In the enrollment page I see the user that I want to re-enroll and select the "enroll user" button associated with his name.

But this user never shows up back in the All Users category; nor in the list from which I want to construct an editorial team.

Thanks for your reply, and I look forward to your next one.

David
dgray

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi David,

You also need to select a role at the top of the page. (Alternately, rather than going through the "All Enrolled Users" list, you can start with the role you want to re-enroll your user in, e.g. Author, in which case that role will be automatically selected.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby dgray » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Alec,
Thank you, thank you.

David