OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installation Error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Installation Error

Postby guilhermecunha13 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:50 pm

Hi,

I´ve just got this error rigth after i uploaded the files. The installation even started...Can anyone help me?
Fatal error: Class 'Request' not found in /home/neurolab/public_html/ojs/includes/functions.inc.php on line 30

Thanks
guilhermecunha13

Fatal Error

Postby ramon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Guilherme,

Could you be more specific as to what server configuration you are using?

It looks like folder permissions to me. Check if the owner of Apache is the owner of the folder.
ramon

Postby guilhermecunha13 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:22 pm

the OJS does not seems to work on PHP5...but worked perfectly on PHP4...Thats what my server support informed to me...

Thanks for the reply
guilhermecunha13

Postby mj » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi Guilherme,

While we have not officially supported OJS on PHP5 previously, I believe plans are to ensure the upcoming releases will work correctly on both PHP4 and PHP5.

Just so you are aware, we have done a fair amount of both testing and development on PHP5, and it does work well. I do all of my development exclusively on PHP5. So, perhaps in your case it was a specific server configuration issue that was causing the problem?

Regards,

MJ Suhonos
Open Journal Systems
Development Team
mj
Site Admin

Server Config

Postby guilhermecunha13 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 am

Yes...The server is on PHP5...This is the only reason i´m going to install the OJS on PHP4 (they support that), unless you guys show me another way to resolve this. it wolud be great to have the OJS on PHP5...

Thanks for the reply...
guilhermecunha13

Postby mj » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:02 am

Hi Guilherme,

Can your server support provide any more specific details about the PHP4 and PHP5 configurations that you have been using? As I say, we know that OJS works fine on PHP5 but I can't give you any specific resolution unless I know more about your server set-up.

Regards,

MJ Suhonos
Open Journal Systems
Development Team
mj
Site Admin

Postby mj » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:49 am

Hi Guilherme,

It seems this issue is most likely related to the fact that you are running OJS in CGI mode on your server. From the OJS FAQ:

On PHP 4 it may be necessary to add "cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1" to the server's
php.ini to avoid fatal "No input file specified" errors. This parameter is
enabled by default on PHP 5.

Are you certain that your installation worked on PHP4 and NOT on PHP5 (instead of vice-versa)? It seems to me you may have these backwards. In either case I would suggest trying the cgi.fix_pathinfo approach above and see if it fixes the problem.

Regards,

MJ Suhonos
Open Journal Systems
Development Team
mj
Site Admin

Postby asmecher » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:42 am

Hi Guilherme,

We have many OJS users running using PHP 5.x without problems. I don't have enough information from your post to know what's happening specifically, but have you checked to make sure that all OJS files are uploaded in their proper directories? If you uploaded OJS via FTP and your FTP client encountered some problem, this is often the case.

If you're sure OJS is properly in place, make sure that PHP errors are all being displayed by placing the following line near the top of index.php:
Code: Select all
ini_set('display_errors', E_ALL);
...making sure it's not in a comment block. See if you get more error messages and report back here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby guilhermecunha13 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:17 pm

OK Alec..Thank you very much..I´ll try what your suggestion...

Regards
guilhermecunha13

Return to OJS Technical Support