OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Best way for editor to add articles to journal

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Best way for editor to add articles to journal

Postby JZief » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:43 pm

Is there anothere way for an editor to add articles to a journal besides the Articles & issues XML Plugin? If there is, which is the preferred method?

Thanks for any suggestions,

JZ
JZief

Publishing Past Issues

Postby ramon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:48 pm

JZief,

This topic has been discussed many times, ever since version 1.x.

Check this post for a bit of information.

All I can say is that if you have your previous articles in a database I would recommend attempting the XML import feature.

Else, a manual process simulation (skipping the unnecessary steps) is the only way to go. One thing to note is that you will need to create all the back issues and publish them first, to avoid date publication problems. I personally would fix the dates in the database anyway, but some people don't have access to the database.
ramon

Return to OJS Technical Support