OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

request for review reports error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

request for review reports error

Postby marco » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:30 am

i have an article ready to be reviewed. i go to Select Reviewer and i click on Assign next to the reviewer i would like to give the job to. my prepared email interface appears and i click on the Send button below. this is the error i get:

The page cannot be displayed
Explanation: The Web server connection was closed.
• Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
• Contact website: You may want to contact the website administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home page.

The page that reports this error is http://pgrn.ipgri.cgiar.org/ojs/index.p ... fyReviewer

the strange thing is that i can send regular emails through the All Users list but i can't send these requests.

i checked the config file also and it seams all fine. what can it be?
thank you in advance!

Marco

PS: i once found an option to display the "real" url in the address bar of the browser, but now i can't find it anymore. where has that option gone?
marco

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:51 am

Hi Marco,

Check your Apache log and see if it provides any hints for the error message. I know of one situation where a firewall was blocking requests that contained the words "delete" and "from" in a misguided attempt to prevent SQL injection attacks. This was logged in the Apache error log as "Error reading the headers." If this is the case, you'll need to fine-tune your firewall rules to stop it from blocking these valid requests.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby marco » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:50 am

thanks Alec, i'll try as soon as possible.
what about the kind of url in the address bar? (please read my previous "PS:" line)
marco

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:59 am

Hi Marco,

You might be talking about the disable_path_info option in config.inc.php... This is just another way of generating URLs into OJS2 for servers that don't properly support CGI PATH_INFO.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support