OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Manual Update error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Manual Update error

Postby eruthes » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:21 am

My configurations:
Code: Select all
OJS version    2.1.0.1
OS platform     Linux
PHP version    5.1.6-2
Apache version    Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) PHP/5.1.6-2
Database driver    postgres
Database server version    PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 4.1.2 20060920 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-14)

I downloaded the last version of the OJS, unpacked on the old codes.
I followed the instructions, clicked in the Manual Upgrade button to get the SQLs to update the database manually.

I'm getting these errors:
Notice: Undefined index: url in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/AuthorDAO.inc.php on line 179

Notice: Undefined index: url in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/AuthorDAO.inc.php on line 179

Notice: Undefined index: assoc_id in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/ArticleFileDAO.inc.php on line 234

Notice: Undefined index: assoc_id in /home/eruthes/public_html/ojsproducao/classes/article/ArticleFileDAO.inc.php on line 234
DB Error: ERRO: coluna "assoc_id" da relação "article_files" não existe

When I comment the designateReviewVersions function on dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml the dumb error changes to:
DB Error: ERRO: relação "rt_settings" não existe

When I also comment the migrateRtSettings function on dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml, everything seems to run normally and I car edit the SQLs to insert the corrections posted from myself on http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1144
eruthes

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 am

Hi eruthes,

It looks like you still need to re-sync the OJS database against the XML file. Try running:
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
This will create the missing table and add the new columns. (NOTE: This command line has been corrected)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
Last edited by asmecher on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
asmecher

Postby eruthes » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:16 am

are you sure that the command is these?

jason@~/public_html/ojsproducao$ php dbscripts/xml/upgrade.php upgrade
Could not open input file: dbscripts/xml/upgrade.php

There is no .php file on these directory, but upgrade.xml also return a parse error.

Thanks,
Eduardo Ruthes
eruthes

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:30 am

Hi Eduardo,

Sorry, my mistake. The command line should be:
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade
You may receive an error message regarding duplicate inserts; this is fine.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support