OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Show current and a past issue on home page

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Show current and a past issue on home page

Postby newbies » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:18 pm

My journal is publishing its 2nd issue with 2 papers in it so far. I wish to also show articles in the previous issue on the home page so that more content is shown. I don't think there is a setting allowing me to do that. I looked at the template code and know that the home page calls view.tpl which calls in turn issue.tpl. I just don't know how to add the previous issue (by issue id or other identifier) to the home page template.

Can anyone shed light on how to do that? Thank you.
newbies

Re: Show current and a past issue on home page

Postby newbies » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:50 am

As a temporary solution, I copied the html code from the past issue and pasted to the journal homepage template journal.tpl.
newbies

Postby asmecher » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:31 am

Hi newbies,

This will take some coding, though not very much. In the controller that displays issues (pages/issue/IssueHandler.inc.php), you'll want to use the IssueDAO to find the last published issue, then make it available to the template (templates/issue/issue.tpl, probably) using the TemplateManager.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby newbies » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:39 am

Thank you Alec. I will try.
newbies

Return to OJS Technical Support