OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Having trouble with articles and issues export

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Having trouble with articles and issues export

Postby billtrippe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 am

Hi all,

We are a small implementation of OJS, running 2.4.1.0. I am trying to do a full export of articles for a journal, using the XML plugin.

When I get to the steps to select article(s), there are none listed for selection. However, they are all listed under the files browser. Complete newbie here, but I note that it looks like issues were never set up, so no article is associated with an issue. Could that be the problem?
billtrippe

Re: Having trouble with articles and issues export

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 am

Hi billtrippe,

The articles being present in the files browser only tells you that something was submitted by the author. You'll need to get those articles through the workflow first before they'll be available for export. Are you using the workflow in your journal? If not, search the PKP site for "expedited submission process" and "quicksubmit plugin" for some tools that might help.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Having trouble with articles and issues export

Postby billtrippe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 am

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will read up on that.
billtrippe

Return to OJS Technical Support