OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Individual domains

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Individual domains

Postby debsid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 am

Hello,

I am new to OJS and have so far installed it on my own computer for testing. I am planning to go live with it in due course, but am still unsure how to run one instance of OJS to host different journals. I know that various scenarios have previously been discussed on these forums, but am not sure I understand how to go about it.

I would like to have one instance of OJS on my Linux server, which would serve two or more journals with their own individual domains:
http://www.first-journal.com
http://www.second-journal.com

Most instances of applied OJS I know, have an umbrella domain where OJS runs with links to the individual journals from the OJS main page. This wouldn't be feasible for us for various reasons. We don't have an umbrella project that hosts the individual journals, and we don't want to maintain an extra domain just to host OJS. Is there a way to achieve what I want? I suppose what I need is something like the multi-site installation of WP.

I would be grateful for any suggestions you might have.
debsid

Return to OJS Technical Support