OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Display problems after move to Windows 2012 Server

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Display problems after move to Windows 2012 Server

Postby mpatti » Fri May 16, 2014 10:35 am

I am in the process of moving an OJS 2.3.7.0 site from a 32-bit Windows 2003 server running IIS 6, PHP 5.3.11 and MySQL 5.1.48-community to a 64-bit Windows 2012 running IIS8, PHP 5.5.11 and MySQL 5.7.3-m13.

I had no problems getting PHP and MySQL running on the new server, was able to import the OJS database and upload the site files, but when I load the site on the new server, the sidebars and HTML/PDF content are not loading. You can see the difference when comparing the two sites:

Old: http://www.surveypractice.org/index.php ... ue/current
New: http://www2.surveypractice.org/index.ph ... ue/current

On the new server, I've already updated config.inc to point to the new files path (files_dir = "C:/inetpub/wwwroot/files"), and when I go directly to an HTML file, it displays for me:
http://www2.surveypractice.org/files/jo ... -1-PB.html

I'm stumped as to what would be preventing the sidebars and HTML/PDF content from displaying. Is there some configuration setting I'm missing?
mpatti

Re: Display problems after move to Windows 2012 Server

Postby mpatti » Fri May 16, 2014 1:15 pm

An update: I've corrected the problem w/ the HTML and PDF articles (that turned out to be some files that hadn't been uploaded); but the sidebar modules are still not displaying. I'm also finding that certain pages within the admin portal, including /index.php/SurveyPractice/manager/setup are showing up as blank (with nothing in the source view), while other pages, such as /index.php/SurveyPractice/manager/sections, are displaying without problems.
mpatti

Re: Display problems after move to Windows 2012 Server

Postby asmecher » Fri May 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi mpatti,

See the FAQ for what do do about blank pages.

I suspect part of the problem might be that you're running an old version of OJS; you might consider upgrading to the most recent stable release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support