OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Notifications issue?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Notifications issue?

Postby piotreba » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:22 am

Even though I have checked notifications to be sent for Reviewing Events, none of these appear in my notification feed (Editor role; for Section Editors this is the same). Additionally, the same applies when someone comments the article, although I receive email (btw I don't have email set up for this type of notification). I use OJS 2.4.3.

What may be wrong?
piotreba

Re: Notifications issue?

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:01 am

Hi piotreba,

What situation are you receiving an unexpected submission comment notification email in -- is this for a workflow-related comment such as a copyediting or layout comment, or is this a comment on the published article in the public front-end?

For reviewing events, what reviewing event are you expecting to be notified of?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby piotreba » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 am

Alec,

I expect to have a record in my notification feed when someone posts a comment on the published article. This does not happen. Yet I receive emails informing me that someone has commented the article, although I don't have this option checked in my notifications settings ("A reader has made a comment on 'Title'"), but maybe I receive them by default because of my Editor/Journal Manager role?

Concerning reviews, shouldn't I (or engaged Section Editor) receive notification after Reviewer has submitted review, as stated in the notification settings – "A review form review has been submitted for 'Title'"?
piotreba

Postby asmecher » Wed May 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi piotreba,

Some of this is a reflection of the relatively recent arrival of the notification system in OJS; many parts of the system that predate the notifications code don't use it. The public comments are a reflection of that. Unfortunately the notification system is also a little bit quirky. It's been reworked and will be much more solid in OJS 3.0.

For reviewer notifications, you're specifically noting the review form notification, which is specifically used in the case of custom form-based reviews, not the normal paste-a-comment-or-upload-a-file review. Are you using review forms?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby piotreba » Wed May 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Hmm, no, I rely on the default form.

Ok, so it's not a matter of software configuration. Waiting for future releases.

Thanks
piotreba

Return to OJS Technical Support