OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Edit About page

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Edit About page

Postby naory » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:23 am

Halo!

I want to delete some thing in my "About" page, like: "People" section, "other" section and "Section Policies".

how can i do it?
naory

Re: Edit About page

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:46 am

Hi naory,

You'll need to make template modifications to do this. We use the Smarty template engine for templates, so information on their syntax is available at http://www.smarty.net.

For the about pages, you'll need to look at templates in the templates/about directory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby naory » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:50 am

Thanks! It's work.
naory

Postby msengulj » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Hello Alec, Like naory, I'd like to make changes to the About page For instance, I'd like to nest a new page "Affiliates" under the "People" Section of the About page. Does the recommendation to modify the templates still hold for this case? If so, could you give more detail on where/what it entails to modify the templates. Specifically where should I look for them? I was a bit mystified looking through cpanel. Your advice would be most appreciated. Thanks MSJ
msengulj

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi msengulj,

The easiest thing to do will be to modify the templates; look in templates/about. A more maintainable approach, though more complex, would be to write a plugin; this is less likely to give you grief during upgrades.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby msengulj » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Alec, thanks for the response. I'm wondering if you could give more specificity on *how* to edit the templates, and which templates to edit. I see many templates on the file manager (see attachment) could you advise which one to edit and where to make the edits? I have basic understanding of html. I also am not sure how to use Smarty Templates, is this an html editor? Thanks in advance for your advice on this. MSJ
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 5.19.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 5.19.38 PM.png (158.62 KiB) Viewed 127 times
msengulj

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi msengulj,

I'd suggest having a look at the OJS Technical Reference. For information on Smarty templates, check out the Smarty 2 manual.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support