OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Blank page after Turkish Language is enabled

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Blank page after Turkish Language is enabled

Postby dudu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:17 am

hi all,
I have installed OJS2.1.1 in strange way and it worked fine at the beginning.* Then I have enabled Turkish locale from site settings and journal settings. When I reloaded the home page It brought a blank page. Does anyone have any idea about why this has happened and how can I correct this?

*I had been using the previous version and tried to update with 2.1.1 patch. However it did not worked. I managed to update mysql database. So I have installed 2.1.1 from scratch with database options being the updated one. It did work at the beginning.
dudu

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi Dudu,

Usually a blank page indicates that an error has occurred, but the error message probably isn't being sent to the browser. Try setting display_errors to E_ALL in php.ini. I suspect you've got a file permission problem in the cache directory; make sure that cache, all its contents, and all subdirectories and their contents can be written by the web server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby dudu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:30 pm

hi,
I don't think that problem is about file permissions since I have already changed file permissions during installation. Anyway, I deleted turkish from mysql data base -locale table and the problem is solved . Then I have reinstalled turkish locale and it did worked normally. May be it was due to a temporary problem in the server.
dudu

Return to OJS Technical Support