OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Back issues are not showing

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Back issues are not showing

Postby lmancini » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi,

I have read by large the documentation and I've searched for similar posts in the forum but it seems that nobody have encountered the same problem.

In my fresh new installation of OJS 2.4.3, I have created several issues and imported different articles (using the Quick submit plugin and the XML articles & issues import tool). However, the back issues are not showing. I have tried to create a future issue and it is not showing either.

Furthermore, to reach the back issues I have to go to "Create Issue" and the select the back issue in the dropdown menu, but, again, in the table of contents I click on the single articles and what it appears to me is an almost blank page without any options of customization, so I can't go any further with the work.

I have tried for hours to get into the solution but in vain. I upload two attachments which shows the situation I have described above.

Thanks a lot for your support and attention
Leonardo
Attachments
articles.JPG
articles.JPG (107.91 KiB) Viewed 547 times
back-issues.JPG
back-issues.JPG (113.23 KiB) Viewed 547 times
lmancini

Re: Back issues are not showing

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Leonardo,

It looks like you're hitting some kind of error. Have you checked your server's error log for details?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby lmancini » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:22 am

Hi,

I have checked and no server error logs appear, like if everything is fine.
I have deleted all the ftp files and the database, then uploaded all the files again in a different folder, created a new database but the problem keeps appearing in the same way!! I have installed from zero Open Journal System but the problem is still there, the same.
It is so strange.
Do you think is there any way out?

Thanks a lot for your assistance.
Leonardo
lmancini

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Leonardo,

Can you check Journal Setup, step 5, to see if the number of items per page and number of page links are set to a valid number?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby lmancini » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi Alec,

thanks for your answer. I have checked at the setup (5.8) and currently it is set like follows:

Items per page: 25
Page links: 10

Is there something wrong here?

Thanks a lot
lmancini

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 am

Hi lmancini,

Hmm, no, that's fine. Something is unusual here -- are you able to provide me with a temporary Journal Manager account in order to explore a bit?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi lmancini,

Looking at your "Back Issues" page, you'll notice that the HTML markup for the page stops unexpectedly just as the issue list is about to be generated. This suggests to me that you're hitting a PHP error. Double-check your error log, and also check your php.ini configuration to see where it's configured to send error messages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby lmancini » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:01 am

Dear Alec,

I have found the following error in our error_log file:

Code: Select all
[28-Apr-2014 10:24:14 Europe/Berlin] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: require_once(HTMLPurifier.includes.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
In file: /home/wvpzqcjm/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php
At line: 415
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.3.28
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.5.36-cll
[28-Apr-2014 10:24:14 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'HTMLPurifier.includes.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/wvpzqcjm/php') in /home/wvpzqcjm/public_html/journals/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php on line 415

Is this of any help to solve the case?

Thank you a lot for your always kind attention.
lmancini

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 am

Hi lmancini,

Yes, it looks like your installation has at least one missing file. Apparently the file "lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier.includes.php" is missing (or has overly restrictive file permissions).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby lmancini » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 am

Dear Alec,

we have checked and the file "lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier.includes.php" is actually correctly there with the permissions 644 (we also tried to set it to 777).
Furthermore, we have tried to make a new installation in localhost with a new package of OJS (ver. 2.4.3.) and the problem is the same also there!!
Is not maybe possible that there is an error in the last version 2.4.3 package installation folder?

Thank you, we hope we will be able to solve this problem soon.

Best regards
lmancini

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 am

Hi lmancini,

I wonder if your server hasn't disabled the use of the set_include_path function; that's required for the HTMLPurifier library to work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby lmancini » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Alec,
thanks for your answer, I have created a file phpinfo.php and uploaded it to our public_html folder, and indeed the set_include_path doesn't appear if I try to find it, which brings me to think that it doesn't exist on our function.
Do you think that I should try to "call it" creating a php.ini file and inserting somehow it there (even if I don't know how to do it)?
Thank you a lot again
lmancini

Postby lmancini » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:48 am

lmancini wrote:Hi Alec,
thanks for your answer, I have created a file phpinfo.php and uploaded it to our public_html folder, and indeed the set_include_path doesn't appear if I try to find it, which brings me to think that it doesn't exist on our function.
Do you think that I should try to "call it" creating a php.ini file and inserting somehow it there (even if I don't know how to do it)?
Thank you a lot again

Hi Alec,
looking at some guides on Google, eventually we have created a custom php.ini file and inserted into it the code as follow:
include_path = ".:/home/our_cpanel_username/journals"

Which had as a result the fact that now at this page (http://mimesisedizioni.it/journals/inde ... ue/archive) we can now see the error.

Our Provider's assistance keeps saying that is a problem of the CMS, but we don't believe them and we think instead that the problem is that this function is missing.
Do you maybe have any suggestion for us for how to enable that function?

Thanks again, best regards
lmancini

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 am

Hi lmancini,

Try also adding /home/our_cpanel_username/journals/lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library to the include directory; this hopefully will work around the missing/broken function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby lmancini » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Alec,
you mean that the php.ini file should be like this?

Code: Select all
include_path = ".:/home/aspzscjm/journals"
include_path = ".:/home/aspzscjm/journals/lib/pkp/lib/htmlpurifier/library

Thanks again
lmancini

Next

Return to OJS Technical Support