OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Blank screen every day between 9-10 am

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Blank screen every day between 9-10 am

Postby birkok » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:10 am

I have upgraded to OJS 2.4.3
Since then, only the whole OJS directory is not accessible between 9-10 am (gmt+2 time zone).
Here is the journal: http://www.j-humansciences.com/ojs/index.php

There is no any back up program running, no cron job.

I don't know what causes, every morning exactly at 9:00 am, OJS shots down, completely blank page, noting seen.
One hour later, at 10:00 am, it is live again.
birkok

Re: Blank screen every day between 9-10 am

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:14 am

Hi birkok,

That sounds like some system maintenance process being run. Check your error logs? Maybe MySQL is being backed up? logrotate? In any case, a blank screen usually logs a PHP error.

Regards
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby birkok » Sun May 04, 2014 1:07 am

Would you please tell me how many mysql tables are there in OJS 2.4.3.0?

I have upgraded to OJS 2.4.3.0 and now have 115 tables. Is that true? Or did I miss some tables during upgrade?
The problem's cause could be not upgraded properly
birkok

Postby JasonNugent » Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 am

Hi birkok,

By my count, there are 101 tables in OJS 2.4.3, based on an examination of the schema files in lib/pkp and in OJS itself. You may have more than that, depending on how the upgrade process went, and whether or not old tables were dropped from the schema during the upgrade.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby birkok » Mon May 05, 2014 9:31 am

Hello Jason,

Do you think if I repeat upgrade (by turning to installed=off in config file), does the installation script drop unneeded tables?
birkok

Postby JasonNugent » Mon May 05, 2014 9:40 am

Hi birkok,

That depends on whether or not the upgrade completed successfully. If it did, then the version has probably been upgraded and I think that the upgrade process will skip almost everything. However, I caution against running the upgrade again if you're not sure if it finished the first time, since there's a chance that your database may be in an inconsistent state. I'd recommend starting with your original, unupgraded database. And as always, make backups before upgrading anything.

Why do you suspect that the database table count is causing your blank screen? Have you checked your error logs?

Regards
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby birkok » Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 am

This is the error log belove.
But unfortunately I don't understand any thing..
It seems like two string causes: 'en_US' and 'tr_TR'.
If any comment, I would be appreciated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09-May-2014 10:19:21 America/Denver] ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/journal/JournalSettingsDAO.inc.php
At line: 83
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.4.27
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.5.37-log
[09-May-2014 10:20:07 America/Denver] ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/journal/JournalSettingsDAO.inc.php
Stacktrace:
Server info:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
birkok

Postby birkok » Fri May 09, 2014 10:16 am

I think I have found the error happening at that time..

It is closed from the server time 00:00:2. Here is the error log messages:

09-May-2014 00:00:20 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournalId() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php on line 102

Until 00:59:50. Exactly 1 hour
[09-May-2014 00:59:50 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournalId() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php on line 102

It is trying to send reminder message to reviewers.

How can I solve the problem.
Thanks in advance
birkok

Postby birkok » Sat May 10, 2014 11:43 pm

I have upgraded to OJS 2.4.4.
The site is not closed by itself any more between the time 00:00:00 and 01:00:00.
But following two kinds of errors, still continue:
From error_log file:
------------------------
[11-May-2014 00:00:10 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournalId() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php on line 102
[11-May-2014 00:00:10 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournalId() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php on line 102
[11-May-2014 00:01:13 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournalId() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php on line 102
[11-May-2014 00:02:18 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournalId() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/classes/tasks/ReviewReminder.inc.php on line 102
[11-May-2014 00:02:53 America/Denver] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[11-May-2014 00:02:53 America/Denver] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:

--------------------------------------------------------
birkok

Postby bbeghelli » Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 am

Hi birkok,

It seems your database has some review assignments for articles that doesn't exist anymore. That's why you have this error. I am not sure without looking to you database, but one thing you can do is to edit the ReviewReminder.inc.php, inside the classes/task/ folder, and add this line after line 101:

Code: Select all
if (!$article) continue;

It will jump to the next review assignment if it can't find any article for the current one. Save it and see if your errors go away the next day.

I am not sure why you would have review assignments to articles that doesn't exist anymore. Maybe a problem in upgrade? Everything else is working ok?

Regards,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Postby birkok » Wed May 14, 2014 1:20 am

Thank you very much Bruno.
I applied your code and You have solved very important problem for us.
Now site is not closing and also sends reminder messages to reviewers, we didn't have used this future until now. It never send reminder.

But unfortunately we have tree more kind of error messages in error_log as follows. I wonder if you have any idea how to solve it?

--------------------------------------
[14-May-2014 00:00:29 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getQualifiedDAOName() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php on line 63
[14-May-2014 00:01:30 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getQualifiedDAOName() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php on line 63
[14-May-2014 00:01:31 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getQualifiedDAOName() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php on line 63
[14-May-2014 00:01:55 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getQualifiedDAOName() on a non-object in /home3/insanbil/public_html/jhumansciences/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAORegistry.inc.php on line 63
[14-May-2014 00:02:06 America/Denver] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[14-May-2014 00:02:06 America/Denver] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
-----------------------------------------------
birkok

Postby bbeghelli » Thu May 15, 2014 5:54 am

Hi birkok,

Glad it helped. I've created a bug entry for this issue, it's here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8754 Will commit my fix and it should be incorporate to new versions.

When do you get the fatal errors? What part of the system are you accessing? Any page?

Thanks,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Postby birkok » Thu May 15, 2014 9:06 am

Hello Bruno,

I copied those errors from the error-Log file in the Root directory of OJS installation. O do not know what causes, and what it mean.
The sistem works well now, every page is opening, despite the errors in the Log file.
Thanks again
birkok

Return to OJS Technical Support