OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Internal Server Error while hitting "Home" link

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Internal Server Error while hitting "Home" link

Postby akkurtb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello,
I have searched the error message but nothing of the 8 available claims a case similar to mine, so I decided to write here.
My OJS version is hosted at http://www.ejtcs.org, and when I select http://ejtcs.org/index.php/A or http://ejtcs.org/index.php/A/index, the following error appears:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Web Server at @domain_name@

I can solve the problem by editing the last portion of the URL and entering "user", and everything goes back to normal.
I am also getting the same error when I try to change the language from English (default) to Turkish.
I appreciate your help on these topics.
Best regards,
Barbaros
akkurtb

Re: Internal Server Error while hitting "Home" link

Postby akkurtb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello, the same error also appears when I try to upload a file in Files browser. I think a bad configuration causes all these errors, but you are the experts, please account for the possibility to solve these problems.
akkurtb

Postby JasonNugent » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi Barbaros,

Can you look in your Apache error log and see what PHP error is being reported? Internal Server Errors almost always log something.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby akkurtb » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:44 am

Hello,
A news has been issued... My hosting firm does not allow me to view or download large files (the error.log is about 150 megabytes or such and its gzipped alternative is about 30 megabytes). I criticized them about how I can correct the errors unless I view the log file... I asked about the possibility to receive e-mails daily or as soon as the error is created.
Do you think this type of hosting firm is suitable as to their policy about error logging?
Thanks,
Barbaros
akkurtb

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi Barbaros,

Most hosting providers have a log rotation service set up to automatically archive old log entries, keeping the log files small.

If you have access via cpanel or similar, it may be possible to view the file through that.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support