OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Warning and Fatal Error after restoration

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Warning and Fatal Error after restoration

Postby ictadmin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 am

Hi, Im using dreamhost for hoting i've accidentally deleted my the OJS folder and i recovered it but i get this error

Warning: require_once(lib/pkp/classes/cache/CacheManager.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 30

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'lib/pkp/classes/cache/CacheManager.inc.php' (include_path='.:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/classes:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/pages:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/classes:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/pages:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/cpsict/steps.cpsc.tk/lib/pkp/includes/functions.inc.php on line 30

What should i do. im on a serious trouble. :(
ictadmin

Re: Warning and Fatal Error after restoration

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:56 am

Hi ictadmin,

Did everything come back from recovery? Can you check and see if the file that is missing is actually missing? What version of OJS are you using -- you can always just replace the missing files from the official distribution (preserving your files/ and public/ directories, and config files, obviously).

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby ictadmin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi, Yes the CacheManager.inc.php is missing. how can i retrieve the file. do i need to download an OJS again and replace this file only. btw how can i know the version of my OJS? Thank you
ictadmin

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi ictadmin,

You can find out what OJS version you have by looking in dbscripts/xml/version.xml. You can download the original OJS files from the PKP website at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/

You'll need to replace any files that are missing. I suggest comparing the installer and what you have.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby ictadmin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi JasonNugent,

I've manage to put the missing files on the directory. its all in cache folders. And its working fine i don'y know why its not included during backup. But i already restore my OJS to a working state even though its 40 days older. Thank you

Regards,
John
ictadmin

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi John,

Glad it all worked out.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support