OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Blank page from Submissions in Review list after upgrade

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Blank page from Submissions in Review list after upgrade

Postby vwzombie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:09 am

Hi
I upgraded from OJS version 2.3.7 to 2.4.3 and all is working fine except that if I try to open a submission from the list of Submissions in Review I get a blank page
I added ini_set('display_errors', E_ALL); to index.php and got the following message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ArticleEmailLogDAO::getByAssoc() in ojs/pages/sectionEditor/SubmissionEditHandler.inc.php on line 220

I would be very grateful for some advice on this matter
Thank you
vwzombie

Re: Blank page from Submissions in Review list after upgrade

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 am

Hi vwzombie,

How did you upgrade? The ArticleEmailLogDAO class that is in OJS 2.4.3 extends from a base class in lib/pkp/classes/log called EmailLogDAO, which defines the method you are having problems with. Did you apply patches to upgrade your installation? If so, did everything apply cleanly? Or did you start with a fresh download from the PKP website?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby vwzombie » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:54 am

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your swift response and for pointing me in the right direction - limited access to the server and knowledge led me to use a fresh download but to I had to overwrite the folders manually - some of the class files had not transfered.
Regards,
Jad
vwzombie

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:59 am

Excellent, glad to hear that it worked out.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support