OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DOI, deleting on some articles

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

DOI, deleting on some articles

Postby jlaherty » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:14 am

Hello,
We've recently upgraded to 2.4.3.0 and we're about to begin issuing DOIs, registering with CrossRef. We're noticing some strange behavior with the plug in and want to confirm some things.

We only want to issue DOIs starting with 2014 issues. We want system generated DOIs using a default pattern.

What we're noticing is that when we turn the plugin on, it issues DOIs to everything. We figured we'd just delete the ones for pre-2014 content, but when we go to edit an article metadata record, the DOI field is not editable.

So, my question is: how can we delete these? Is there info stored in the database we can access to delete them? We'll only register the valid ones, but users will see invalid DOIs throughout our journals' long histories and that's hugely problematic.

I can see that the solution to our problem is to use this setting when setting up the DOI plugin:
Enter an individual DOI suffix for each published item independent and different from the "Custom Identifier" mentioned in the previous option. You'll find an additional DOI input field on each item's meta-data page.

But, this is frankly too much effort when the system can generate them the way we want them.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Jennifer Laherty
Indiana University
jlaherty

Re: DOI, deleting on some articles

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Jen,

There is no current solution to this issue, unfortunately, but it has been flagged as a feature request. If you CC yourself to that request, you'll receive notifications as it is updated. As luck would have it, Both Marc Bria and Bozana will be in Vancouver in the near future for a developer sprint -- I'll send them notice of this thread, and maybe we can work on a solution.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jlaherty » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:52 am

Thank you, James, very much. We'll move on and I cc'd myself to the bug. Glad to know we weren't missing something obvious.

Cheers,
Jen Laherty
Indiana University
jlaherty

Postby keir » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:01 pm

I have a similar problem.

it should be possible to make changes to the postgres database to edit the DOIs for certain publications.

In which fields are the DOIs located? i can't seem to find where they are stored to experiment with this.
keir

Return to OJS Technical Support