OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Report Generator Error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Report Generator Error

Postby baerthe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to get the new stats generator working in 2.4.3, but I keep getting errors. Below is my php error log output for when I first load the reportGenerator page:

Code: Select all
[28-Jan-2014 17:19:03 America/Toronto] ojs2 has produced an error
  Message: WARNING: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'PKPComponentRouter' does not have a method 'getRequestedPage'
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php
  At line: 805
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:
   PHP Version: 5.5.6
   Apache Version: Apache/2.4.7 (Unix) PHP/5.5.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3
   DB Driver: mysql
   DB server version: 5.6.14
  Message: WARNING: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'PKPComponentRouter' does not have a method 'getRequestedPage'
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php
  At line: 805
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:
   Apache Version: Apache/2.4.7 (Unix) PHP/5.5.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php
  At line: 254
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php
  At line: 280
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php
  At line: 924
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php
  At line: 932
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:

And then when I try to generate a report I get this:

Code: Select all
[28-Jan-2014 17:22:33 America/Toronto] ojs2 has produced an error
  Message: WARNING: current() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given
  In file: /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/queens/pages/manager/StatisticsHandler.inc.php
  At line: 228
  Stacktrace:
  Server info:

Am I missing something?
baerthe

Re: Report Generator Error

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi baerthe,

Are you seeing any output at all? The errors you've listed, while a bit annoying, aren't going to break OJS.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby baerthe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:29 pm

That's a relief! No, the CSV file is always blank. I have an instance of 2.4.3 that's been in production for a few weeks and the reports from there are always blank as well. The usage logs appear to be getting parsed because I see the archive/processing/reject/stage folders.
baerthe

Postby baerthe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 am

So the timed view, OJS usage, and custom reports keep coming up blank for me :(

Any idea why this might be happening. Is there a place I can check for errors?
baerthe

Postby baerthe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:15 am

So I'm starting to have doubts that this so called "Statistics Framework" works at all. Has anyone got it working? I can't even get it working on a vanilla 2.4.3 installation. No matter how many times I process the log files, nothing happens. I see that there are log files in the archive folder, so at least something is being collected, but I can't figure out how to generate any reports.
baerthe

Postby bbeghelli » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:00 am

Hi baerthe,

I tested locally here and I can generate reports, both from timed views, counter and the custom report generator.

I can reproduce the second warning that you see when you generate reports. This is my fault, I tried to get the current item of an array but the variable is an string. This is definitely a bug because the report will not show the current metric type. But the stats should be there.

I can't reproduce the first warning. Do you mind to copy the exact url that triggers this error?

Also, do you mind to send me your database dump so I can debug the problem?

Thanks.
bbeghelli

Postby baerthe » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 am

I'm working with a clean version of 2.4.3 now so I'm not getting the first set off errors. The issue that I'm having now is that I can't get the log files to process and I'm sure this must be an oversight on my part. Perhaps permissions? No matter how many times I run the scheduled tasks via acron or command line, nothing happens. On my local machine the usage_event logs just gather in the usageEventLogs folder, while on my production machine they never get passed the stage folder.
baerthe

Postby bbeghelli » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:22 am

Hi baerthe,

Do you have any warnings or error messages in your admin email? Also, try to look at the apache files for errors too.

Thanks,
Bruno
bbeghelli

Postby baerthe » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:17 pm

So apparently I'm not a smart man. On my local/test machine the stats would run, but the metrics table was empty because I was using the log files off the production server and the URLs in the logs didn't match my base URLS in my config file. Then on my production machine I was missing the mbstring library.
baerthe

Return to OJS Technical Support