You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

rebuildSearchIndex misbehavior

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

rebuildSearchIndex misbehavior

Postby sqro » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:31 am

Hello everyone
Let me describe my case in few points:

1. I tried to build fulltext index but there appeared the memory leakage problem. I patched it but due to act that patch tool was unable to locate the HookRegistry.inc.php i did it manually by straightforward substituting the file with https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/blob/06b ... ry.inc.php

2. Then I re-run the rebuildSearchIndex.
Clearing index ...
Indexing "Studia Informatica" ...

it takes a while and during the running it reports following errors:
"Error: Expected the default config, but wasn't able to find it, or it isn't a Dictionary" few times
"Error: Missing or invalid 'Bounds' entry in stitching function" once
"Error: Expected the default config, but wasn't able to find it, or it isn't a Dictionary" numerous times
but finally i get: "619 articles indexed"

After the first run the index was definitely incomplete (some papers weren't indexed) but after some further re-runs it is probably complete or large enough for me to find it hard to identify lack of papers. So it is ok. Full text search works really nice now.

But the problem appeared there are now missing indexes for browsing and searching: By Title, By Sections, By Identify Types. All of them they result in "no results" in both search and browse.

Another strange thing it is during the full text search i see just first 20 of the papers and cannot jump further, the bottom line of the search is "0 - 0 of 175 Items > >> " but clicking these signs gives no change we still remain in the first page
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 am

Re: rebuildSearchIndex misbehavior

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 am

Hi sqro,

The error messages you quote come from your PDF text extraction tool, not OJS; they suggest that some of your PDFs don't play nice with text extraction. This, unfortunately, is normal, depending on how you're generating your PDFs.

As for the browsing problems, first check to see that you have valid settings for the number of items per page to display. This should be on Journal Setup page 5.

Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm

Return to OJS Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests