OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Journal path changed, but old path remains in email

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Journal path changed, but old path remains in email

Postby Garant » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:30 am

Hello!
I've a question.
Once OJS was installed there was short path names given to each journal.
After some time we have decided that it's not good technique in SEO view and we have changed all path names to long (in other words changed old path to other).
Everything works fine except one thing - the email.
Once someone receives automated email the journal's initials, link to journal in mail are old.
What could be done?
Thank you!
Garant

Re: Journal path changed, but old path remains in email

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi Garant,

Are these specifically the automated reminders that are sent out via a cron job? If so, check your config.inc.php to make sure that the URL is correct there (see base_url).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Garant » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi Alec!
The main base_url wasn't changed. Also I've added those additional base_urls long time ago"
base_url[long-name] = "https://www.domain.eu/ojs/long-name"

As far as I remember this concerns all emails also which are send manually in review process.
Garant

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:07 am

Hi Garant,

Hmm, can you give me a specific example of the URLs (both the correct one and the one that's being incorrectly generated)? If you'd rather not post these, you can PM them to me. Are you using HTML URL rewriting in your Apache (e.g. mod_filter)? If so, URLs sent in emails won't pass through the filter and thus won't be rewritten.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support