OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

moving servers final questions.

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

moving servers final questions.

Postby jasonnolan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:06 am

I've fixed enough to make the journal install useable. THANKS! Since our old ISP will not be supporting us after Aug 1, this is a mission critical move. Three final questions, I think.

1) The system gives all files the same date 1969/12/31 in submissionsedit.php, but elsewhere it is correct.

2) Interesting problem the following line calls bReviewerSubmissionRestrict, but bReviewerSubmissionRestrict is not in tbljournal. I removed that line and everything worked but is that OK?
$query = $db->query("select nReviewersPerPaper, bCopyEditor, bProofReader, bReviewerSubmissionRestrict, chReviewerGuideline, bHTML, bPDF, bPostScript from tbljournal");

3) THis is the most important. journal/admin/editor/editor.php shows up Active Editorial Assignments as "none assigned" even after I assign them. They show up as assigned and notified in journal/admin/editor/submissions.php, and I even set re-notify to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Jason Nolan
School of Early Childhood Education
Ryerson University

Learning Inquiry journal
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info
jasonnolan

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:54 am

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, we no longer have anyone on the team who is particularly familiar with the OJS 1.x codebase; however, if you contact me, I can try to work through it with you.

1. As you might be aware, 1969/12/31 is PHP's "zero" date; this implies to me that one of a couple of things has happened:
  • PHP is having trouble understanding the date value that it's being given by the database; or
  • The database transfer to the new host garbled the dates. (If you have some dates that are working properly, this isn't likely.)
Make sure that you've set display_errors to E_ALL in php.ini (or, if you can't access php.ini, using the ini_set function). This might help to determine where the problem is occurring. If you like, please send me a screenshot.

2. If you've upgraded the code from a past version of OJS, but haven't upgraded the database, this situation will arise. Check the upgrade documentation with OJS.

3. This is almost certainly the result of an incorrect join or a join with missing data. I'd suggest temporarily altering editor.php to display the query that's being executed (approx. line 72) and removing the joins one by one until the assigned status shows up. I can help with this as well. This might be the same situation as point 2. When you migrated from the old server to the new server, did you use the same version of OJS?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby jasonnolan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:02 pm

1. - yes. I call it year zero. it is just happening on the single display page. I'll follow your instructions and check out php.ini
2. I checked the old changelog and it said it was 1.1.9. Even though when I check the mysql db it says 1.1.8 (probably didn't get incremented). So I *think* I'm using the same version. But perhaps there's something in the upgrade docs.
3. I'll see how far I get.

Is this the best way to contact you? Or should I use a more direct route. I can't wait to get this stable, and then start moving into version 2.0. I now have shell access, so it will hopefully work more smoothly.

Thanks again!
jasonnolan

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi Jason,

You can reach the PKP team at pkp-support@sfu.ca, and I'll pick it up from there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support