OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't Edit Journal

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Can't Edit Journal

Postby hehe » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 am

Hello all,

I'm trying to update information about my journal. Such as it's name and initials. I change those values and click 'Save'. Screen refreshes, my new values are shown, but everything is the same in my webpage. So I turn back and check those values and they're not the new values.

Then I try again, I type new values, hit 'Save', screen refreshes. Then I refresh the page, values are not the new ones.

So, I'm guessing I accidentally changed read/write permissions or ownership.

My file/directory ownerships and permissions are like this:

ojs_files drwxrwxrwx root root (the directory that we choose while installing the system. the directory that the files get stored at)
public_html drwxr-xr-x www-data root
cache plugins public drwxrwxrwx www-data root
everything else has different permissions, but the ownership is www-data root

Is it because ownership? I guess I can't write to the file that stores the 'journal name' and 'initials' fields.

What must I do?

Thank you very much in advance.
hehe

Re: Can't Edit Journal

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 am

Hi there,

When you submit a form, the data gets stored in your database, not to files out on disk. the cache/ directory contains information that gets periodically updated, but you don't indicate the permissions of the files inside that directory which would be important. Can you check the data directly in the database to see if it's updating there? There may also be errors in your server log.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support