OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upgrading from ojs 4.2.1 to 4.2.3

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Upgrading from ojs 4.2.1 to 4.2.3

Postby primozs » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.2.3 using the patch ojs-2.4.1_to_2.4.3.patch. I have tried first with the "dry run" and noticed some errors, which are attached in the error.txt file. At least they seem to me to be errors. As I am not experienced in this I would like to verify what do they mean. Are they really errors? How to fix them?

Regards, Primož
Attachments
errors.txt
(6.38 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
primozs

Re: Upgrading from ojs 4.2.1 to 4.2.3

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi Primož,

If those are the only errors you received, you should be OK to proceed. I'm not sure why you encountered them, but they won't affect regular operation; they're almost entirely related to administrator documentation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby primozs » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Hello,

Thank you for fast response. Following the upgrade instructions on the page http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/UPGRADE I found following binary files changes:

Binary files ojs-2.4.1/locale/de_DE/edprocesslarge.png and ojs-2.4.3/locale/de_DE/edprocesslarge.png differ
Binary files ojs-2.4.1/locale/de_DE/edprocess.png and ojs-2.4.3/locale/de_DE/edprocess.png differ
Binary files ojs-2.4.1/plugins/citationFormats/refMan/locale/id_ID/locale.xml and ojs-2.4.3/plugins/citationFormats/refMan/locale/id_ID/locale.xml differ
Binary files ojs-2.4.1/plugins/importexport/duracloud/lib/DuraCloud-PHP/.git/index and ojs-2.4.3/plugins/importexport/duracloud/lib/DuraCloud-PHP/.git/index differ
Binary files ojs-2.4.1/templates/images/icons/comment_disabled.gif and ojs-2.4.3/templates/images/icons/comment_disabled.gif differ

The upgrade instruction says: "These files can be found in the distribution archive."

Can you please help me finding the changed binary files or the distribution archive?

Regards, Primož
primozs

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 am

Hi Primož,

What operating system are you using? I can suggest a command line to help you find those files.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby primozs » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:42 am

Hi, Alec

I am using windows. My question was where is the patch archive in which the new binary file is located.

Regards, Primož
primozs

Postby asmecher » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:46 am

Hi Primož,

We can't include binary files in patches because they aren't supported; patch files are intended for text content. You'll need to download the OJS 2.4.3 tarball (the .tar.gz file) and find the affected files within those. Move those into your installation in the same location they existed in within the .tar.gz archive.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby primozs » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:49 am

Hi Alec,

OK, I got it. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Primož
primozs

Return to OJS Technical Support