Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:
1. Search the forum
. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page
or from our Google Custom Search
, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend
searching the forum for said error.
2. Check the FAQ
to see if your question or error has already been resolved.
3. Post a question
, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development
OS: Redhat ES4
We recently moved our OJS (2.0.2) installation to a new server; copied the database (mysql), the ojs directory and the ojs-files to the new server in the same locations as before.
Now - for the public view, one can see the table of contents, but the html produces an empty page; Also, for the administrations side: all of the management pages for Editor, Section Editor, etc generate empty pages.
The old box was Apache 1, the new is Apache 2; I believe we also moved from a MySQL v3 to v4.
How does one migrate to a new server successfully?
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:35 am
Two things to check:
- Make sure you're able to see error messages if there are any; these will help determine the problem. Set display_errors to E_ALL in php.ini, restart the web server, and try viewing the site again.
- Check to make sure file permissions are set properly. The web server user (typically www-data or nobody) needs to be able to read and write files in the following directories:
- OJS files directory (as configured in php.ini)
- public directory
- cache directory
- cache/t_compile directory
- cache/t_cache directory
- cache/_db directory
- cache/t_config directory
Open Journal Systems Team
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm
Return to OJS Technical Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests