OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Language problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Language problem

Postby Cognatus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 pm

A lot of the language constants for the Swedish language is not loaded, for example do I get ##notification.notifications## instead of Notifications and ##common.manage## instead if Manage in the right column?

I have reinstalled the local files several times but no change.

What to do :?:

//Jonas
Cognatus

Re: Language problem

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi Jonas,

That translation is probably incomplete. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Translating_OxS for information on working with translations.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Cognatus » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 am

Thank you for the answer! The translation plugin seems very useful and I shall see what can do to update the Swedish version!
Cognatus

Postby Cognatus » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Any suggestions on how to find an already translated key? I find it difficult when I don't know the actual key behind the text that I want to edit, and it's tedious to search each and every xml-file manually.
Cognatus

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi Cognatus,

Depending on your operating system, you can use tools like "grep" to search XML files. See http://lib-pkp2.lib.sfu.ca/files/docs/quickreference/quickreference.pdf around page 35:
To find where a localization key appears in the template files (e.g.
common.saveAndContinue):
fgrep -l "common.saveAndContinue" `find . -name \*.tpl`
(Note back-ticks)
This should work for Linux and OSX.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support