OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Books for Review: Individual book page won't load

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Books for Review: Individual book page won't load

Postby CherylT » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Hello,

We have the Books for Review plugin enabled with the Management set to Mode 1. We have successfully added books for review and they appear on the Books for Review page. However, when one clicks on the title of a book, the Books for Review page reloads, instead of loading the selected book page. The same thing happens when an author clicks the Request this Book for Review link (the page just reloads). Additionally, Editors are not able to assign authors to review a book. Clicking on the Assign link takes you to the Assign Author page, but clicking on the Assign link next to an author just returns you to the Books for Review - All page (../editor/booksForReview).

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the plug-in but the problem persists.

We are running OJS 2.4.2. Here is a link to our site:
http://ojs.ethnobiology.org/index.php/e ... sForReview

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this issue, would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Cheryl
CherylT

Re: Books for Review: Individual book page won't load

Postby michael » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Cheryl,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this on a clean install of OJS 2.4.2.

Can you please check your PHP error log to see if there's any additional information there.

Try searching for some of the URLs that aren't working for you, i.e. http://ojs.ethnobiology.org/index.php/e ... orReview/8

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby CherylT » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately, there is no info in the PHP error log. I just upgraded to OJS 2.4.3, hoping that that would fix the issue but it has not. I also just tried to create a new book review entry and am having the same issues with it. I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheryl
CherylT

Postby michael » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Cheryl,

Have you added any customizations to your OJS install?

Have you setup any redirects on your web server to re-map URLs?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby CherylT » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have added some customizations to our OJS install. However, when I performed the upgrade, I tested the Books for Review links before reinstating the customizations, and the problem persisted. Today, I copied our OJS install to my local computer and to my surprise, was able to load the individual books for review pages. So I guess there is something going on with my server configuration.

I do have some redirects set up, but none that should affect the OJS install. Just to be sure, I removed all the redirects and tested again and still no luck.

I do have drupal installed at the main domain (ethnobiology.org), and my OJS install is at the subdomain ojs.ethnobiology.org. The OJS install is outside of the drupal root though so don't think that should be an issue.

I'll contact my web hosting provider and see if they can provide any insight.

thanks again,
Cheryl
CherylT

Postby CherylT » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:12 pm

So my web host has confirmed that the book title urls are returning a 302 Moved Temporarily response but there is no redirect condition in any .htaccess file. Any suggestions for what else might cause a 302 response?
CherylT

Postby michael » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi Cheryl,

Do you have web server caching enabled? May be worth exploring.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby CherylT » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 pm

No web server caching enabled.

I have also tried clearing the OJS data and template caches with no luck.
CherylT

Return to OJS Technical Support