OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Errors after patching from 2.1.0-1 to 2.1.1

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Errors after patching from 2.1.0-1 to 2.1.1

Postby sjones » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:59 pm

After running the patch to go from 2.1.0-1 to 2.1.1 I now get the error below when trying to log in to my journal. I'd appreciate any suggestions for how to correct the error(s).

Thanks in advance,
Steve

------
Notice: Undefined index: url in /home/.salty/sjedit88/newmediaandsociety.com/classes/user/UserDAO.inc.php on line 136

Warning: session_regenerate_id(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.salty/sjedit88/newmediaandsociety.com/classes/user/UserDAO.inc.php:136) in /home/.salty/sjedit88/newmediaandsociety.com/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.salty/sjedit88/newmediaandsociety.com/classes/user/UserDAO.inc.php:136) in /home/.salty/sjedit88/newmediaandsociety.com/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 193

Notice: Undefined index: url in /home/.salty/sjedit88/newmediaandsociety.com/classes/user/UserDAO.inc.php on line 136
DB Error: Unknown column 'url' in 'field list'
sjones

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi Steve,

Upgrading is a two-step process -- first you need to upgrade the codebase, then the database. It sounds like you've finished the first step. To accomplish the second, run tools/upgrade.php with the "upgrade" command. Alternately, you can upgrade via the web interface. This is documented in docs/UPGRADE.

I'd recommend the command-line upgrade method, and please ensure that your max_execution_time setting in php.ini is sufficiently high. (As always, back up your database before proceeding.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby sjones » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 pm

Thanks, Alec. It seems to have been the max_execution_time setting that did me in when I tried to do that earlier. I recall changing it for another upgrade some while back, but it seems to have been reset, though I'm not sure how. I'll have to remember that for future upgrades.

Looking forward to trying out all of the new features! It seems like quite a substantial upgrade, thanks for keeping at it!

Steve
sjones

Return to OJS Technical Support